2 spaces after a period is wrong this whole time

Heh, interesting. I usually just do whatever looks right at the time. I found the comments more interesting:
"I am a writer and I’ve used two spaces all my life, as I was taught in High School typing class. I’ve sense changed to one space…"
Then a link to another article about it: http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2011/01/space_invaders.1.html
"And yet people who use two spaces are everywhere, their ugly error crossing every social boundary of class, education, and taste.* You’d expect, for instance, that anyone savvy enough to read Slate would know the proper rules of typing…"
There are two spaces between the sentences: … taste.* You’d …

i have always followed the rule 2 spaces after a period and one after a comma. This was so mind blowing to me i had to share!

I also use two spaces because I was taught to, long ago. HTML strips away extra spaces so in the end, these days it doesn’t matter UNLESS you’re typesetting.

I do one one, like I learned in school. Don’t have a explanation, just do it by habit I guess.

Now I know! Thanks for the post. I’m 55 and we were taught two spaces after the period. I just asked my granddaughter, she said the are being taught one space now.