A little help for starting mining please!

Hi everyone,
I would like to start to mine Burstcoins, and if I understand well, maybe you can help me to have the firsts Burstcoins in my wallet ?
I understand these firts burstcoins are mandatory to start mini.

Thanks a lot for your help !

My Burstcoin Account : BURST-623K-D5UX-FGZZ-424B9

Sending over a coin, welcome!

Read the information below carefully, because this is the only coin I’m sending you :slight_smile: With the amount of coins I am giving out daily now, I’m trying to get people to conserve coins when starting off so I can help out more people. If possible, please help out any new person needing a coin. Donations are also welcome to help me start new people off :slight_smile: BURST-FFLQ-3QZJ-267R-F3QBX

---- Getting Started Read Below Before Continuing ----

Contrary to what most of the getting started guides say, you only need to create one transaction to “activate” your wallet. Changing your reward recipient to a pool for mining gets this done. Please read this post regarding activating your account - What It Means To Create Your Public Key (AKA “Activate” Your Account) - Simply Explained

Highly recommend https://0-100-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org/ and http://www.burstneon.com/ pools for new miners!

Hi @ryanw,
And thank you very much for the burstcoin :slight_smile:

As a test before spending money, i am trying to mine on an old computer… that has only 50 Gb of free space !

Is this okay to start mining with ? (even if it takes a long time )

What I really don’t understand and is confused to me, is :

• the notions of “local wallet” and “online wallet” : they have the same phrase to connect, so aren’t they the same ?!
  • the notions of “start wallet” and “stop wallet”, what is this for ?! because i have read some lines saying this is not needed to start the wallet ?!
  • the notion of blockchain that i have/don’t have to download in case of an “online wallet” ? then is it better to mine with local wallet or online wallet ? if yes, how to do so ?!

Well as you see i’m really confused :slight_smile:

If you have some informations, it will be greatly appreciated !
I try to do the thing properly, and I’m not sure that i do !!

Thank you very much

50GB will most likely take weeks to see any noticeable coin accumulation if you are mining on a pool.

I will try to say this simply. Wallet are just an interface to the blockchain network. Local wallet has this software interface installed on your computer. Online wallet has this interface installed on a remote server. They both access the same thing, but people prefer their own computer for security reasons.

Star wallet and stop wallet. I am assuming you see this on Qbundle. Qbundle manages the Burst wallet software to make it easy to use for Windows users. You can start the wallet or stop it from there, yes. If it is “stopped”, it is not connected to the network.

To run a local wallet (on your computer), yes you have to sync all of the blockchain database with the network. Most people choose to mine with a pool, in which you don’t need to have to run a wallet on your computer.

Hi @ryanw,
Okay, this is simply and perfectly clear.
thank you very much for taking time for newbies like me :slight_smile:

Have a nice day !

You’re welcome, good luck!