An account of my experience

Hopefully the following will help others avoid the pitfalls I encountered.

The following are the steps I performed to get up and running on the Windows OS platform. I installed the local wallet.

Download/Install Qbundle

Download and install Qbundle. You can get it from the following link

http://www.burst-coin.org/download-wallet

download and install the complete package (not just the wallet). I downloaded the msi package. Also let the package download missing components.

I had trouble installing version 2.0.01 and 2.0.0 so started with version 1.9. Version 2.0.x would not download missing components. For now don’t download and install updates. Just stay with version 1.9 for now.

Create an Account

Once Qbundle is installed and running your will be asked to specify a passprase or to create an account.

Go ahead and create an account. You will be given a pass phrase. Be sure to write it down. You will need this to access your wallet. If you lose or forget this pass phase your wallet is also lost and all the coin it contains.

Download the Blockchain

Speed up the blockchain download by selecting “Import Database” from the Database menu. Then click the “Start Import” button with the “Import from repository” option selected. This will still take some time to complete.

Note: you will likely see a warning message like the following

“Warning!: Your account does not have a public key! This means it’s not as protected as other accounts. You must make an outgoing transaction to fix this issue.”

If you will be joining a mining pool then ignore this message. Setting a “Reward Recipient” (in a following step) will be your first transaction and you will get a public key at that time.

Get a Coin

Get a burst coin from a faucet or a member of the community. It can take some time to show up in your wallet.

Create a Plot File

Create a plot file by selecting Plotter from the Tools menu. Specify the plot file location. For example

D:\Burst

Specify your “Numeric account number”. You can get this by clicking on your wallet Account ID (in the navigation panel on the of the Qbundle application) and selecting “Copy Numeric Account ID” and paste it into the Plotter dialog.

Set the size of you plot file and click “Start Plotting”.

Join a Mining Pool

Next chose a mining pool to join. cryptoguru.org recommends the following

For system with less than 30TB of mining capacity

0-100-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org:8124

For systems with between 30TB and 250TB of mining capacity

50-50-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org:8124

For systems with more than 250TB of mining capacity

100-0-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org:8124

Join the mining pool by selecting “Reward Recipient” from the Tools menu. Enter the “Numeric Account ID” for your wallet in the “Your account” dialog field.

Set the “Pool account …” field to the Numeric Account ID of the pool you’re joining. Since I joined the 0-100 pool I entered 888561138747819634 (which I obtained from the Config tab of the following URL)

https://0-100-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org/

Finally click on the “Set Reward Recipient” button.

You will be prompted to enter your Passphrase. Do so and click Ok.

Wait until you have 10+ Confirmations.

Start Mining

Select Miner from the Tools menu.

Enter the URL for the mining pool you joined. For example to join the 0-100 pool mentioned above enter the following in each of the three server fields

0-100-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org

You might need to close and reopen the Miner dialog to enable the selection of the “Pool mining” option.

Select the “Start Mining” button.

In need of a coin to get started!
Noob help with setting up wallet etc

Great write-up, thanks @MichaelM

I just tested a clean installation of Qbundle version 2.0.2 and so far so good.

I uninstalled the previous version before installing this latest build.