Blockchain download stuck on first load on a Mac

I followed the tutorial up to the point of opening the wallet url file in Chrome, and the blockchain download froze at about 45% . after many hours not moving I rebooted before rerunning the Java command
$ java -cp burst.jar:conf nxt.Nxt
where it correctly identifies partial load :-

2018-05-08 17:06:34 INFO: Genesis block already in database
2018-05-08 17:06:53 INFO: Last block height: 210400
2018-05-08 17:06:53 INFO: Started API server at 127.0.0.1:8125
2018-05-08 17:06:53 INFO: Started peer networking server at 0.0.0.0:8123
2018-05-08 17:06:53 INFO: Initialization took 19 seconds
2018-05-08 17:06:53 INFO: Burst server 1.2.8 started successfully.
2018-05-08 17:06:53 INFO: burst.mockMining = "false"
2018-05-08 17:13:36 INFO: nxt.apiServerEnforcePOST = “true”

but then does not resume as shown in the tutorial video.
I can reopen the wallet and it shows the downloading blockchain popup but no progress bar.
Also the wallet has yet to show the burst coins I sent it from my PC wallet. I expect it will once the it is synced.
So what can cause the java command to freeze at block height 210400 and not restart?
Should I use mysql commands to drop database and create it again? The file is 3.41 Gb and it needs to be over 7 I think.

@RickMGoldie I have no idea how to help, but I can find people that might be able to :wink:

@jaxblack maybe you can, I don’t know if you are fluent in Mac
Thank you

If not we will find you some help @RickMGoldie

@Estie_Trixie @RickMGoldie i am no help here…havent played with wallet in ages, i would have normally just reinstalled and downloaded from the genesis block again . I understand there is now a current saved database that someone has constantly updating so you dont have to do that anymore…you just have to copy the database. But i have no experience or had anything to do with it, not sure if its on github or included in the most recent wallet download “Qbundle”?. Lots of wallet development going on and different options lately…also not sure how stable the newest ones are. You do not really need a local wallet to do much if you are just starting anyway and mining in a pool. You could just use a online wallet you trust for now to get started. If its local for security purposes though i realize i am no help.

maybe @ryanw could chime in
A online wallet i trust would be one of Haitch’s
https://wallet3.burst-team.us:2083/index.html

I have done as you suggest and started with a new downloaded folder. I followed the instructions on the page
https://poc-consortium.github.io/burstcoin-guides/wallet/install/macos/
and I think I had an older version (guided by the video I followed before)
Now I have it starting from scratch in my home folder this time with version 1.3.6 and it started the download successfully from scratch. Ill see in the morning if it finished.

IT completed this time. A few recoverable hiccups due to thread starvation or clock leap detected, which seems to happen when left unattended.

Thanks for following up on this!

@RickMGoldie awesome, great to hear! :smile: