Burst pretty please??!!

I am a total newbie and kindly request a mere small token of burst to please assist in my starting my campaign of learning this new world of crypto. Please?!

BURST-WSZW-DDZQ-Q2KH-7B5R2

Sending over 0.1 BURST! Welcome! (Yes 0.1 Burst is now sufficient to set up your wallet)

Be sure to follow getBURST on twitter for Burst news and information!

Read the information below carefully, because this is the only Burst I’m sending you :slight_smile: If possible, please help out any new person needing some starter Burst. Donations are also welcome to help me start new people off :slight_smile: BURST-FFLQ-3QZJ-267R-F3QBX

---- Getting Started Read Below Before Continuing ----

Contrary to what most of the getting started guides say, you only need to create one transaction to “activate” your wallet. Changing your reward recipient to a pool for mining gets this done. Please read this post regarding activating your account - https://forums.getburst.net/t/what-it-means-to-create-your-public-key-aka-activate-your-account-simply-explained/2396

Here is a guide for setting your reward recipient for pool mining - https://forums.getburst.net/t/how-to-set-your-reward-recipient-most-secure-for-your-burst-address/6443

I highly recommend https://0-100-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org/ and http://www.burstneon.com/ pools for new miners with under 24TB!

@OdinElfson welcome to the community :slight_smile:
Have a great time mining and having fun BURSTing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you!! You are very kind.

Love your picture! I also love the banjo!

OE

Estie-- quick question-- the instructions I received from ryanw don’t actually show how to start mining. Do you have any quick references on how to start this process? Thanks so much.

OE

Hi! Click “tools”, then “miner” in the top menu bar. I hope this helps :smile:

Thanks. Yes, did that. Unfortunately when I go into the miner settings and set it up to pool mine for “cryptoguru” (using the auto settings) and click “start mining” I get a pop-up window saying I don’t have BlagoMiner installed (though I do!) and asks if I want to install it (which I did again for kicks and giggles, still didn’t work). I even went to the pool site and installed creepminer (which it advised to do under config settings) and this also does not work.

Help!!!

OE

Perhaps it is because your wallet is still downloading? Have a great day!

ryanw-- already downloaded wallet fully, still unable to mine despite following all of your steps to the t. please reply with any assistance. thank you.

"Thanks. Yes, did that. Unfortunately when I go into the miner settings and set it up to pool mine for “cryptoguru” (using the auto settings) and click “start mining” I get a pop-up window saying I don’t have BlagoMiner installed (though I do!) and asks if I want to install it (which I did again for kicks and giggles, still didn’t work). I even went to the pool site and installed creepminer (which it advised to do under config settings) and this also does not work.

Help!!!

OE"

Nope. Wallet done.

When I run the blagominer.exe file I get the following error message:

" Plot files not found…please check the “PATHS” parameter in your config fi
le.
Press any key for exit…"

Anyone with advice on how to fix the paths in the config file would be a superstar.

OE

This person will help you on your way @OMB @jaxblack they are the pros when it comes to mining.

There are more people as well. but let’s start with them :slight_smile:

Personally I trade, so that is more my game.

Have fun and if this doesn’t work tag me and as soon as I get back I will find you the help you need.
You will see all the people here are awesome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you everyone

You are too kind! Thank you so much, I do appreciate any help

@OdinElfson Can you post your config file? so we can see whats wrong.

It should look somehting like this

“Mode” : “pool”,
“Server” : “0-100.burst-team.us”,
“Port”: 8080,

“UpdaterAddr” : “0-100.burst-team.us”,
“UpdaterPort”: “8080”,

“InfoAddr” : “0-100.burst-team.us”,
“InfoPort”: “8080”,

“EnableProxy”: false,
“ProxyPort”: 8126,

“Paths”:[“e:\plots”,“n:\plots”,“f:\plots”,“i:\plots”,“j:\plots”,“L:\plots”,“k:\plots”,“m:\plots”],
“CacheSize” : 16384,
“CacheSize2” : 262144,

“Debug”: true,
“UseHDDWakeUp”: true,

“TargetDeadline”: 10000000,

“SendInterval”: 100,
“UpdateInterval”: 950,

“UseLog” : true,
“ShowWinner” : false,
“UseBoost” : false,

“WinSizeX”: 76,
“WinSizeY”: 60,

Thanks so much jaxblack!

Here was my original config:

{
“Mode” : “pool”,
“Server” : “100pb.online”,
“Port”: 8124,

“UpdaterAddr” : “100pb.online”,
“UpdaterPort”: “8124”,

“InfoAddr” : “100pb.online”,
“InfoPort”: “8124”,

“EnableProxy”: false,
“ProxyPort”: 8126,

“Paths”:[“C:\plots”,“D:\plots”, “G:\plots”,“H:\plots”,“I:\plots”,“J:\plots”,“K:\plots”,“L:\plots”,“N:\plots”,“P:\plots”,“R:\plots”,“S:\plots”,“T:\plots”,“U:\plots”],
“CacheSize” : 16384,
“CacheSize2” : 262144,

“Debug”: true,
“UseHDDWakeUp”: true,

“TargetDeadline”: 80000000,

“SendInterval”: 100,
“UpdateInterval”: 950,

“UseLog” : true,
“ShowWinner” : false,
“UseBoost” : false,

“WinSizeX”: 76,
“WinSizeY”: 60,

“POC2StartBlock”:502000
}

I modified to exactly what you had written and attempted to run the BlagoMiner_AVX2 file as an administrator (I’m in Windows 10) but received the following error:

JSON format error (offset 272) check miner.conf
Invalid escape character in string.
Press any key to continue . . .

Not sure if it has to do with that “POC2StartBlock” that was not included in the file you had sent-- does this need to be included?

Thanks so much again, I owe you one!

OE

If all of those drives are plotted, are they in sub folders?
Did you plot POC2 files?
How large were the plotted files and which plotter program did you use?

it seemed like originally you just did not put the config file path directory paths properly for it to pick up
, but looking at your config they look entered properly. Is the config file located within the same folder as the miner program?

I agree with @jaxblack, your paths are wrong

Thanks so much OMB and jaxblack-- you are both awesome!!

I am such a newbie, I am only beginning to understand the nuances of the configurations-- learning about the designations of the paths, how it has to be written (with PRECISION!). Nonetheless, out of desperation I simply deleted the BlagoMiner files and then reinstalled them---- mining seems to be working now! (at least I hope so-- there is a small, round, sick-looking yellow emoji icon with some command lines showing things like, “15:36:42 New block 546834, baseTarget 58414, netDiff 313712 Tb, POC2”). I also went to the pool website and my wallet address appears there. How long does it typically take before some “burst” show up in the wallet?

Have a good one!
OE

@OdinElfson ll no worries, sounds like your mining,
you could use

for an expected amount, but how often your paid is based off your pool

Thank you so much @jaxblack and @OMB I would never have been able to help out like that.
Your awesome :slight_smile: