Can i get some help setting up Jminer with CryptoGuro pool

I have been looking for days on all the web including your forums. Could I get someone who has experience setting up Jminer with Crypto-Guru 50-50 pool as my recipient.

I think basically all I need is a working config file to work from. Also, if anyone can provide me with some tips or instructions for using Jminer. I want to use my GPU for mining rather than CPU.
As I have a Gigabyte 1080 Ti GPU, and my deadlines aren’t being met in a timely manner. Not enough to get any blocks that is. I am presently using a 60tb single plot file. And about half way thru… its past the deadlines already.

Thank you for your consideration… if anyone out there is willing to help that is.

your gpu should be able to process several if not 4 or more plots at once.
you should plot 8tb plots than one 60tb
THE FOLLOWING CONFIGURATION PART
chunkPartNonces=960000
That is the default. you can lower it to read rounds faster depending on GPU so have a tweak you won’t break anything.
even 320000 in steps of 160000 downwards from default. if that doesn’t improve then your default setting suits.
Remember 8tb is the recommended per plot size.
Fast blocks are read in 30 seconds
completing a round within 60 seconds is the most efficient and best chance of winning blocks.
network has been spiking so you just may find more chance of getting blocks at over 64tb.
Blocks aren’t big paying rewards. Keeping your rounds between 30 and 60 seconds is the best practise for general 24/7 mining both solo and pool…
My advice does mean you need to replot but just remember burst will still be here for you when your done plotting.
I won lots of blocks recently with my advice on pools so you should at least get better paying rounds.
Have a look https://explore.burst.cryptoguru.org/chart/supply/network_size
as it goes up more capacity needed to earn when it goes down easier to earn and more blocks
Have a nice day, cheer up and keep expanding everyone’s growing from the fork and its gonna get much harder.
Many agree just buy burst than mining its value will go up as the volume is consumed in wallets anyhow.
Maybe put some money in than buy a disk?

can u supply me with a copy of your config file?
I have a single 1080 Ti GPU.
Replotting is only a couple of days anyway. Three at the most.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- BURSTCOIN JMINER --------- THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL SOFTWARE, USE ON YOUR OWN RISK! -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jminer is a PoC (Proof of Capacity) miner with GPU support for Burstcoin (BURST)

(openCL will also work with CPU in needed)

Requirements:

- Java8 (64bit recommend to use more memory) DO NOT USE Java9!

- openCL

PLEASE DONATE

jminer would not be possible without openCL kernels and java code provided by ‘burstDev’,

he really deserves some tips for that!

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9

Feel free to support future development of mining engine …

BURST-LUXE-RED2-G6JW-H4HG5

NOTICE: your ‘jminer.properties’ hasn’t got to contain all properties listed here

as long there is a default/fallback defined, mentioned in here.

POC1 and POC2

jminer supports POC2 since version 0.5.x

only use one type, POC1 or POC2 on one drive (‘plotPath’), mixed will be skipped for now.

ensure your POC2 plotfiles do not have staggersize in filename, or they will be treated like POC1.

POC1 filename: ‘numericAccountId_startNonce_numberOfNonces_staggersize’

POC2 filename: ‘numericAccountId_startNonce_numberOfNonces’

- PLOT-FILES ----------------------------------------------------------------------

plotPaths - list of plot paths separated with , e.g. D:/,C:/,E:/plots,F:/plots (in one line)

(required) the miner will treat every path as ‘physical’ drive and use one thread for it

scanPathsEveryRound - optional ‘true’ will check ‘plotPaths’ for changed plot files on every round

(default:true) ‘false’ will check only on start/restart

listPlotFiles - optional … list all plotFiles on start, If walletServer/soloServer is configured,

(default:false) it will show mined blocks and drive seeks/chunks of plotfile, too.

plotPaths=E:/BURST,F:/BURST,G:/BURST,D:/BURST,C:/BURST
scanPathsEveryRound=false
listPlotFiles=

- MINING MODE AND TARGET DEADLINE -------------------------------------------------

poolMining - ‘true’ for pool mining, ‘false’ for solo mining.

(default:true) ensure to configure the chosen mining-mode below.

targetDeadline - min. deadline to be committed. e.g. 750000 for solo mining.

(optinal) will be used for pool mining if ‘forceLocalTargetDeadline=true’

forceLocalTargetDeadline - ‘true’ will force jminer to use the targetDeadline specified below,

(default:false) even if the pool says otherwise. Only for pool mining! ‘false’ uses the default behavior for targetDeadline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lwogE31SiI

dynamicTargetDeadline - ‘true’ will overrule ‘targetDeadline’ and ‘forceLocalTargetDeadline’ settings.

(default:false) the miner will calculate the targetDeadline dynamic on poolMining:

‘targetDL = 720 * netDiff / plotSizeInTiB’ where ‘netDiff = 18325193796 / baseTarget’

poolMining=true

targetDeadline=
forceLocalTargetDeadline=
dynamicTargetDeadline=

- MINING MODE - POOL ---------------------------------- ONLY NEEDED 4 POOL MINING -

NOTICE:

ensure you already setup reward assignment

http://localhost:8125/rewardassignment.html

numericAccountId - first number in all plot-files

(required for pool)

poolServer - format is inclusive protocol and port e.g. ‘http://pool.com:8125

(required for pool)

walletServer - define local or online wallet, to receive and show last winner!

(optional) if empty, winner feature will be just disabled.

format is inclusive protocol and port e.g. ‘http://localhost:8125

online use e.g. ‘https://wallet.burst-team.us:8125

winnerRetriesOnAsync - number of retries to get winner from walletServer

(default:4)

winnerRetryIntervalInMs - time to wait until next retry to get winner from walletServer

(default:500)

numericAccountId=16884833744220149372
poolServer=http://pool.burst-team.us:8080

Winner

walletServer=
winnerRetriesOnAsync=
winnerRetryIntervalInMs=

- MINING MODE - SOLO ---------------------------------- ONLY NEEDED 4 SOLO MINING -

soloServer - WARN! soloServer should be http://localhost:8125 or http://127.0.0.1:8125

(default: Solo means you send your PASS on commit results!

http://localhost:8125) DO NOT try to use a online wallet or pool as Server!

passPhrase - secretPhrase/password of solo mining burst-account

(required for solo)

triggerServer - emulates open wallet, to prevent it from

(default: false) falling asleep (not sure if needed at all)

recommitDeadlines - recommits deadlines below 1200 3 times in a interval of 5 sec.

(default: false) experimental feature to increase chance that deadline gets propagated

e.g. on short disconnect or connected peers busy etc.

soloServer=http://localhost:8125
passPhrase=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
triggerServer=
recommitDeadlines=

- OpenCL -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The miner uses openCL for most of the mining calculations, ensure it is setup correctly.

Instructions can be found e.g. here (thanks cryo):

https://github.com/bhamon/gpuPlotGenerator/blob/master/README.md

You could also use that instruction to find your platformId and deviceId if needed.

platformId - id of openCL platform on your system. one platform may have multiple

(default:0) devices, the miner currently uses just one (in general not the bottleneck)

deviceId - specifies the device used by OCLCecker, can be your first GPU,

(default:0) in most cases it will not be 100% used. (depends on capacity)

platformId=
deviceId=

- MINING ENGINE -------------------------------------------------------------------

refreshInterval - interval of asking wallet/pool for mining info (in ms),

(default:2000) to check for new block

updateMiningInfo - restart round on new generationSignature for same round

(default=true) as long as equal miningInfo was not already finished

(it may happen that miningInfo changes, and changes back later)

connectionTimeout - increase the ‘connectionTimeout’ on network problems.

(default:18000) this timeout is used for all network requests.

if you use pool or online-wallet, the 18 sec. default may

cause timeout on committing nonces or getting mining info etc.

debug - setting ‘debug’ to true will log additional information of the mining process,

(default:false) that are not related to mining, but to miner internals.

writeLogFile - setting ‘writeLogFile’ to ‘true’ will write all logs from console to a file, too.

(default:false) the name of that file can be specified by ‘logFilePath’.

logFilePath - path (filename and optional directory, relative to miner location)

(default:log/jminer.log.txt)

logPatternConsole - only needed if you want to configure your own log pattern e.g.:

logPatternFile %blue(%d{HH:mm:ss.SSS}) %green(%msg%n)

would only show colored time and message

Docs: https://logback.qos.ch/manual/layouts.html#ClassicPatternLayout

refreshInterval=2000
updateMiningInfo=true
connectionTimeout=60000

debug=
writeLogFile=
logFilePath=
logPatternConsole=
logPatternFile=

- MINING ENGINE - APPEARANCE / BEHAVIOR -------------------------------------------

readProgressPerRound - defines how often the mining progress is shown per round

(default:9) thats the ‘xx% done …’ info.

byteUnitDecimal - switch between decimal units (true): TB/GB/MB (divided by 1000),

(default:true) or binary units (false) TiB/GiB/MiB (divided by 1024) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte

showDriveInfo - set this to ‘true’ to show info about every drive on finish reading it,

(default:false) this is useful to find the slow ones … can help to optimize your setup.

showSkippedDeadlines - set this to ‘true’ to show found deadlines below targetDeadline from

(default:true) this config or provided by pool (overwriting the targetDeadline specified in here)

readProgressPerRound=1
byteUnitDecimal=
showDriveInfo=false
showSkippedDeadlines=false

- MINING ENGINE - MEMORY USAGE ----------------------------------------------------

chunkPartNonces - staggerSize defines number of nonces per chunk.

(default:960000) the miner will split chunks in smaller pieces called chunkParts.

this makes sense, to save memory and optimize speed.

in the best case chunkPart#1 will be checked before chunkPart#2 is

completely read … depending on the power of your GPU.

if staggersize is smaller than chunkPartNonces, staggersize will be used.

e.g. play with +/- 160000 steps

readerThreads - normally ‘0’ means, the miner takes one thread per drive (plotPath) this is recommend.

(default:0) choosing a other number of ‘readerThreads’ can be useful on memory issues.

For example, if you mine on 4 drives (plotPaths), you can reduce the memory usage

by setting ‘readerThreads=2’, this will reduce mining speed but save memory.

chunkPartNonces=320000
readerThreads=

- POC2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

poc2ActivationBlockHeight - only adjust if the POC2 release fork gets delayed to a later block

(default:502000) 'you can test how your setup with current plotfiles would behave

after the POC2 fork. Just use a blockHeight from the past.

No deadline will be confirmed! Just to check your read-times, cpu and memory usage.’

poc2ActivationBlockHeight=

I need the specifics for CryptOGuru 50/50 pool… not

“poolServer=http://pool.burst-team.us:8080”

I am so very surprised that someone has not made a Wiki with all this information for the various pools for using Jminer. Seems that Jminer is an important tool for those who want quicker deadlines.

I use the same on all pools. If you can, try use a gpu that isn’t used for display purposes (a secondary) also I heard once text mode login can make jminer more efficient as well. But bottom line AMD does OpenCL tech better than nvidia.

you need to understand all pools are in different locations. Closer pools to you will favour you more with shorter deadlines than those further away. Also, there are peak and off peak times for you to understand that may pay less; the true nature of internet. Crypto mining is almost like gaming: the closer the server you connect to the better the result. Thus, try assigning to all the pools suited to your capacity and give them a few days each, note the yield of each one then that should help you determine which is the best. There is no pool the best they are all simular. Its just location, location, location @Leslieallen :slight_smile: