Hello! New Startup miner!

Hi. I am new to this and trying to find my way around. I am quite confused as to how to start mining. And help will be greatly appreciated. And, if you can spare them, coin to start would help immensely!

BURST-RK8A-KGHH-6WZ2-7K2HW

5 Burst on their way You will need to download the blockchain before you see the coins sent to you.
Heres a quick high level guide

1 - Open your account up

a. Get your number

b. Setup a name for your account this will be helpful so when your on the pool you can find yourself easy

c. Once your done with this set all the information aside in a txt file somewhere.

2 - Start looking for a pool to mine in.

a. I use http://ninja.burstcoin.ml:8080/ they are friendly to new miners and have been stable now for 2 months and payouts are faster than quoted. You want stability. Make sure you mine on port 8080.

b. Figure out where you are going to PHYSICALLY mine e.g. is it on the same computer or another computer. Where you open and store your wallet has no relation to the gear your mining on. I have my wallet on my local home computer and have a rig setup for mining three feet away from me.

c. If you know your going to join a pool set the reward assignment ahead of time. This will avoid having to wait the 4 blocks any pool asks you to wait for while your plotting your drive.

3 - Get ready to learn and plot your drives

a. Figure out how to plot your drive
b. Make sure your drive is optimized from the get go. XPlotter does this for you
c. Make sure any future plots do not overlap
d. While your first drive is plotting, start getting ready your batch file and config file to mine the pool.

4 - Once the plot file is ready, start mining

a. Once the plot file is ready you should have ready to go the batch file and the config file for mining the pool you are joining

b. To join any pool you must set the reward assignment which is code for you having to pay your way in to join the pool. This is a one time payment but if you switch pools you have to pay to join that new pool. If your limited on burst coins best to stick to one pool until you have earned burst. The pool needs to know who you are and add you to them and they can pay you.

This is done by “SETTING THE REWARD ASSIGNMENT FEATURE” best to use the set reward assignment in the All in One AIO feature in the burst coin download you did. This is why I sent you 5 burst and broken down like this.

• 1 burst for the name change
  • 1 burst for joining the pool ( I think it is one burst) + 1 burst fee
  • 1 burst for sending a test burst to someone, anyone, (back to me if you like) this will solidify your wallet and demonstrate that you received and have sent at least one burst. + 1 burst fee
  • This should leave you with zero burst.

5 - Once you start mining

a. On the pool page where your mining on, go to the HISTORIC SHARES window and SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM and find your new name that you gave yourself above or your burst account number. You will be at the bottom because you are new to the pool. Once you are there over time you will begin climbing the ladder.

6 - Watch this video on how to understand to read a pool page. The concept is the same for all pools.

7 - Other videos worth watching

a. How to shuck drives and save money. If you buy and shuck a drive register with WD to activate your warranty here.

https://westerndigital.secure.force.com/ind/?lang=en_US

b. how to setup a burst coin wallet

Good luck and happy Bursting !! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you for the prompt response! Busy day ahead of me, so I am sure this will occupy much of my spare time!. I installed last night, and the blockchain is still downloading, so it may be awhile before I can do anything productive toward obtaining my BURST education. Thanks again!

Watch the videos… Read up on how to plot the files. take a look at these topics I sent on before to other on plotting. Read the entire threads… That should help

You only need your NUMERIC account number to begin plotting and that part is time consuming.

https://forums.getburst.net/t/wallet-reward-recipient-question/2200/11

https://forums.getburst.net/t/a-few-burst-needed-to-get-me-mining/1920

2 Likes

Ok, I can’t access the first link, and most of the second seems to be beyond where I am in the setup process. I followed the video series on setting up the wallet (was already installed), Plotting the drive (I am assuming this is successful as I am stuck and can’t figure out how to proceed) and am currently working through "how to mine:

The problem I have is in trying to download the Blago CPU Burstcoin Miner. My browser refuses to download as it is a potential threat, and my anti virus (Norton) deletes it immediately as it views it as a threat also. I can’t find another Miner program. Is there a way around this, or another Miner that will do the job? Thanks again for any assistance that can be provided.

Edit I found a way around it (temporarily), now when I run the program, I get this:

v1.170820
07:52:34 Mode: 1
07:52:34 Server: ninja.burstcoin.ml:8080
07:52:34 Port: 8124
07:52:34 Path: C:\plots
07:52:34 CacheSize: 10000
07:52:34 UseHDDWakeUp: 1
07:52:34 SendInterval: 100
07:52:34 UpdateInterval: 950
07:52:34 Debug: 1
07:52:34 Updater address: ninja.burstcoin.ml:8080
07:52:34 Updater port: 8124
07:52:34 Info address: 100pb.online
07:52:34 Info port: 8124
07:52:34 EnableProxy: 0
07:52:34 ProxyPort: 8126
07:52:34 ShowWinner: 0
07:52:34 TargetDeadline: 80000000
07:52:34 UseBoost: 0
07:52:34 WinSizeX: 76
07:52:34 WinSizeY: 60
07:52:34 === Config loaded ===
07:52:34 Miner path: C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\burst install etc\miner-burst-1.170820
07:52:34 Searching servers…
07:52:34 getaddrinfo failed with error: 11001

Ok two things you need to do.

1. The blago miner programs are safe to use.

OPTION 1: If your mining on a computer with Anti virus. Your going to have to maybe do this.

• Turn off the anti virus
  • Create a folder called Crypto or anything you want
  • Put this folder in the anti virus exception list so it does not scan it.
  • Download what you need while anti virus is still off
  • When done turn it back on
  • Monitor your quarantine folder to make sure nothing goes back in there

OPTION 2: Get and build a computer just for mining, there you don’t put anti virus.

Once you decide what your going to do; go to this link where I was helping another miner. It has alot of great info.

What you want is about half way down where it says;
Ok found the avx2 program from blago try this link Click and download those miner programs.

That link also gets into how to mine so it will help. Pay attention to the section of the thread where is says to find and install a program called CPU-Z by CPU-ID or something like that. Download it, run it and post your CPU instructions sets. e.g. what your cpu can do.

This will help in helping you in the next step as to what program you can and cannot use by BLAGO

edit cleaning up the thread… I didn’t know what to post, and it wasn’t all necessary

Ok, I didn’t find a section of thread on cpu-z, but I found the site and installed. The info it saved was quite long, and I am not sure what is pertinent to this issue. So, I will copy the whole thing. I hope it isn’t too obnoxious in its length. Also, a copy of the miner configuration.

CPU-Z TXT Report

Binaries

CPU-Z version 1.76.0.x64

Processors

Number of processors 1
Number of threads 8

APICs

Processor 0
– Core 0
– Thread 0 0
– Thread 1 1
– Core 1
– Thread 0 2
– Thread 1 3
– Core 2
– Thread 0 4
– Thread 1 5
– Core 3
– Thread 0 6
– Thread 1 7

Timers

ACPI timer		3.580 MHz
HPET timer		14.318 MHz
Perf timer		3.904 MHz
Sys timer		1.000 KHz

Processors Information

Processor 1 ID = 0
Number of cores 4 (max 8)
Number of threads 8 (max 16)
Name Intel Core i7 4790K
Codename Haswell
Specification Intel® Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Package (platform ID) Socket 1150 LGA (0x1)
CPUID 6.C.3
Extended CPUID 6.3C
Core Stepping C0
Technology 22 nm
TDP Limit 88.0 Watts
Tjmax 100.0 °C
Core Speed 799.5 MHz
Multiplier x Bus Speed 8.0 x 99.9 MHz
Stock frequency 4000 MHz
Instructions sets MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, EM64T, VT-x, AES, AVX, AVX2, FMA3
L1 Data cache 4 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L1 Instruction cache 4 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L2 cache 4 x 256 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L3 cache 8 MBytes, 16-way set associative, 64-byte line size
FID/VID Control yes

Turbo Mode		supported, enabled
Max non-turbo ratio	40x
Max turbo ratio		44x
Max efficiency ratio	8x
O/C bins		unlimited
Ratio 1 core		44x
Ratio 2 cores		44x
Ratio 3 cores		43x
Ratio 4 cores		42x
TSC			3997.7 MHz
APERF			2198.7 MHz
MPERF			3997.7 MHz
IA Voltage Mode		PCU adaptive
IA Voltage Offset	0 mV
GT Voltage Mode		PCU adaptive
GT Voltage Offset	0 mV
LLC/Ring Voltage Mode	PCU adaptive
LLC/Ring Voltage Offset	0 mV
Agent Voltage Mode	PCU adaptive
Agent Voltage Offset	0 mV

Ok a screen shot would of been fine I should of mentioned it. What is pertinent is the fact that your CPU supports AVX2 instruction sets.

In Short BLAGO the author of the miner and plotting program wrote programs that run MUCH FASTER IN AVX2 than just plain AVX.

If you are using Qbundle, ( I do not) then you don’t know what program they are running for you behind the scenes to plot or mine

Plotting with BLAGO AVX2 is 20% FASTER
Mining in AVX2 is faster as well.

That is why I asked you to download and run to see.

Your world now will revolve around AVX2 programs not just the AVX version if you want SPEED.

Did you find the link in the post I sent you to download the BLAGO programs ? It is about 1/2 the way down in the thread.

Click below

How computer Savvy are you?

I can send you a copy of my batch file and config file for mining. I have built it up so it is proficient.

You can add change delete whatever you want in there but it would have to be later tonight as I am at work.

Let me know

I would say I am somewhat proficient. I took programming classes, but it was in the early 2000s and haven’t done much with it since. Most of what I see is vaguely familiar, but I’m don’t have enough knowledge that I can see what I am doing wrong.

I did find the AVX2, and have that in the file. And, I downloaded the Blago miners. And the timing is fine, as I have other things to tend to as well. If you can send them tonight, I will most likely look into them in the morning.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Also – I am running qbundle v1.9 What other platforms are there?