Help - reward recipient address

BURST-42PF-LBX7-BSLH-4B2VU is this the right number?

im so lost right now. should I just start a whole new account and increase the password strength? literally just set it up and its robbed straight away. I wondered y the 2burst you sent me before wasn’t showing in the wallet

I think first we need to figure out how someone got into your wallet. Did you just use a simple password? Also, I have seen some people save their password in the description field when naming the wallet…

Any ideas what went wrong here? If you use the 12 word password that is generated for you, and you store it away safely, no one should be able to get into your wallet. So, we need to find the weak link first before moving forward here.

yea I used the words that were generated and didnt change it. I’m trying to think what else I set up. when the block chain complete it asked me to login and I used an address I had written down Burst-4SU5-Z8FR-JFBC-GHPZS but I do not know where that came from.

my wallet address has changed in qbundle. and now ive been logged out

logged back in with above address and now my burst ID is different again and a warning that my passphrase is less than 35characters long. new id is BURST-PBH6-42S7-HKJL-C8YD7

no transactions showing

I set up the account in account manager and used a short password there(its random letters and numbers) if I check that account now it shows an burst RS address which is different again from all the other address I’ve sent you.

I have no idea what my address is now

Ok, I don’t know how someone got ahold of your passphrase, but let’s start over.

Get rid of everything you have saved.

We will do this from the online wallet now hosted by the developers.

https://wallet.burst.cryptoguru.org:8125/index.html

Go with “New? Create your account!”

This will provide you with a 12 word passphrase. This is how you will access your BURST-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX address that is paired with it from now on.

Save this passphrase exactly! Save it in a safe place where no one will get it! Even an extra space at the end or beginning will be wrong.

Qbundle’s “Account Manager” is just supposed to be a convenient way of saving your passphrase, so you can use that if you wish, but it’s not required.

When you have gotten your passphrase saved, and logged in, log back out and enter that passphrase again to make sure you have the same address (that you copied the passphrase correctly).

Now, after all that, paste your new BURST-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX address and I will send you another coin :slight_smile:

Ok how do I kill everything I have so I know I’m starting fresh? can I close account or delete the wallet?

There is no need to delete the wallet. Just if you have any passphrases or addresses written down or saved in a file, just get rid of those so you don’t mix them up with new ones.

Also if you have accounts saved in qbundle, just delete those too.

ok set up new but forgot to go to that link to set up online wallet. so ive got a local wallet… can I change this to online? got an address and passphrase set and saved.

Ok, that’s just fine. You can even go to that website I linked, and put your passphrase in there. It should show the same BURST-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX address.

You can access this address with your passphrase from any working Burst wallet…local or online (web).

ok good stuff thanks for all this.

BURST-S34P-REVB-QUT8-G7U9T

No problem, now you’ll have your coin in a few minutes.

Here is the information I provide to new people to get set up -

Contrary to what most of the getting started guides say, you only need to create one transaction to “activate” your wallet. Changing your reward recipient to a pool for mining gets this done. Please read this post regarding activating your account - What It Means To Create Your Public Key (AKA “Activate” Your Account) - Simply Explained

Highly recommend https://burst.cryptoguru.org/ pool for mining. No fee, and run by the Burst developers!

With the amount of coins I am giving out daily now, I’m trying to get people to conserve coins when starting off so I can help out more people. If possible, please help out any new person needing a coin. Donations are also welcome to help me start new people off :slight_smile: BURST-FFLQ-3QZJ-267R-F3QBX

Thanks very much! reward recipient set!

I did have a quick question about backing up a local wallet. if this computer dies does that mean all my coin dies with it? how can I back it up?

No

You save your passphrase. That is it! Your account is backed up on the decentralized blockchain!

You can install another wallet on a machine, sync the blockchain, and be back in business, or access it via that link I shared with you (the online wallet).

Thanks very much! I’m starting to plot now. I’m using an old laptop I had laying around, its VERY slow. I’m willing to wait for it to plot (approx 4 days for 400Gb) however do you think a computer this slow can mine? I was hoping burst was all about the available storage so no matter how slow, as long as you have the bandwidth and TBs of space you can mine. I would then add to this over time with bigger external drives. or should I start again with a faster PC?

I guess it depends on how much you add to it…if it is for example, and old core 2 duo, then adding a few external hard drives would probably be the most that it could scan in a reasonable amount of time.

Most people try to keep their scan times under 1 minute, so keep that in mind as you are adding to it. You can always move drives to another system without having to plot again.

So I’m making a 400Gb plot on my smallest drive, can I just copy this across to the other 2 bigger drives multiple times? I’ll check the scan time but if I’m over 1 minute scan I’ve reached the limit of the computer?

It is a core 2 duo! It was going to go in the bin but then I discovered burst…

You can still mine if scan time is over 1 minute, it is just what most people go for. Basically, you want to get your plot files all scanned, and your submission into the pool and processed before the next block (block time target is 4 minutes). So 1 minute leaves a lot of leeway.

You cannot, for example, copy the plotfile over to more hard drives. Every plot file is unique. You’re just wasting processing mining multiples of the same plot. qbundle will keep track of your plot files and make sure non of the content is duplicated.

oh ok so I have to do the full plot each time theres no cheat way around it. so 400Gb taking 4days will be another 10days for a Tb.

thanks for your help ill stick with this no matter how long it takes. one day I may upgrade things if it goes well

You’re welcome, good luck!

BTW, plotting goes faster with faster cpu, and hard drive connections (USB 3, or sata, etc)

USB2 connection is terribly slow