How to set up mining rig with 600TB HDD

I’ve noticed lots of miner have their capacity as high as 500TB or 600TB. How can we connect so many hard disk to one motherboard? magic?
As far as I know. We can have 6 sata3 connector + 4 usb0 port x usb hub(3 port), and also some pcie to 4 usb3.0 with .
Even with 8TB HDD, I calculate as 8Tb x (6+4x3+ 3x4x3) = 432 TB still smaller than 600Tb.

Hard to set up 600Tb mining rig. Do you guys have any idea ?

There are many different configurations to set up. Getting a motherboard with extra pcie lanes, and putting quad channel usb 3 cards on them would enable you to use a lot of external drives.

Probably the best way of scaling is using sas controller, internal had drives like jbod cases.

I got a pcie2 10 port SATA internal card I can house 10 disks of all capacities in my ATX tower.
I could put another in at later stage.
Perhaps that can satisfy curiosity also you can buy hard disks of up to 12tb presently :slight_smile:

You are using picie 2.0 x1 slot? This only has 4GBT transfer capacity, And if you split to 10 ports, each port only has 0.4GBT. that only gives you 50MB/s speed per port. Is that what you have?

Mine has speed of 90MB/s on 3 usb hub. 120mb/s on single data 3.

You are using picie 2.0 x1 slot? This only has 4GBT transfer capacity, And if you split to 10 ports, each port only has 0.4GBT. that only gives you 50MB/s speed per port. Is that what you have?

Mine has speed of 90MB/s on 3 usb hub. 120mb/s on single data 3.

its a pcie x16 slot with a pcie 2x speed 10 port SATA card in it pcie 2x cards can plug into 16x slots fyi and 55mb/s is the writing rate per disk when they read I get in excess of 320mb/s read on 4 drives at once. I would assume faster plotting would be with more gpu power and probably more cards but its a micro atx plotting machine with other priorities :slight_smile:

After spending These days searching for solution. I think it’s best to use pcie 2.0 4X to 4 usb3.0 card. Each usb 3.0 can hook up 4 drive. So 4x4 is 16 HDD on a pcie 3.0 4X slot

After spending These days searching for solution. I think it’s best to use pcie 2.0 4X to 4 usb3.0 card. Each usb 3.0 can hook up 4 drive. So 4x4 is 16 HDD on a pcie 3.0 4X slot

it is easy to get over 600TB on one account all you need to do is have multiple pc with a server act as the proxy. i have 8 servers running and 156 3tb drives all on one account and see 450TB effective capacity.

are you doing solo or in pool

Currently in 50-50 crypto

Cool. I learned how to proxy that also.