I need to replot everything. This time I want to do it right! Questions

Hello all,
After not seeing any results (no deadlines) over more than a day, and after reading and asking around, I decided to go ahead and replot my 5 TB.
It seemed like my plots by GPU didn’t go well, so I’m using the Xplotter within Qbundle. For now.

Right after I started reploting the 5TB, my 5X 8TB showed up in mail. Woohoo! Now I have 6 different drives that i’d like to utilize, between 1 or probably 2 machines (both machines can be for plotting and mining).

I’ve got different answers regarding plotting, and I want to try again from scratch and ask:

1. The need for no overlaps of nonces; is that per burst account? or per mining machine? or per physical hdd? Or all the above? Or none of the above? I can’t find a good answer to that :frowning:

2. Since I don’t want to take the risk of loosing a huge file(s) in case of any powerdown etc, I decided to utilize the Dynamic plotter in Qbundle. Yes it creates tons of little files, but at least I know that if the process is stopped, it can start again and just loose the last plotted file. Is that a right mind-set?

3. The built-in Dynamic Xplotter in Qbundle, doesn’t allow me to choose what nonces to start or end at per file. So; since there is a need to prevent overlapping, and I’m going to utilize more than one physical HDD - and probably plot on 2 machines - I’ll need to plot 2 HDDs at a time. So: how do I use the built in xplotter, to make sure that all my 6 hdds are not overlapping each other?
    Is that something that is at all done automatically withih the built-in xplotter once I add my already plotted files into the ‘imported’ section? It says there they’ll be imported automatically but they don’t get automatically imported…
    Or
    Is that something that can only be done w/ the xplotter manually outside of Qbundle? If using the Xplotter manually - can I still run it as a dynamic plotter???

4. Since there is a need to prevent the overlapping - if I do need to setup xplotter manually outside of Qbundle - given that I have 2 machines that I can plot on - how do I know what nonce # to start with, on each HDD?

Any info is much appreciated. Thanks and happy bursting!

Hi,
With 6 drives i would be mining only on 1 machine.

The overlapping is for the miner and account.
I recommend you to plot your drives with XPlotter.

It is easy to set up, and together with Burst-miner you don’t need to download and sync the wallet.

You can manually plot your drives with 1TB files in case of any issues (power off etc).
You can also use the Nonce-Calculator, it converts GB to Nonces. Usefull when editing the settings of the XPlotter.

Here an example for plotting 1TB(4096000 nonces) files, starting nonce 0, using 7 threads of cpu, 4GB ram and drive path is G:\ :
XPlotter_avx.exe -id 802778756274645XXXX -sn 0 -n 4096000 -t 7 -path G:\plots1 -mem 4G

Just make sure the next file starting nonce is at least 4096001 and the drive path G:\plots2

Hope that helped.

Thanks hikafer!!

1. So just to fix my understanding regarding another very basic issue; bases on what I see in your answer AND on what I see in the files that Xplotter is creating on my computer:
    when I’m telling a plotter:
    ’…-sn 0 -n 4096000…'
    does that mean:
    A. Start at nonce 0, and create nonces for a TOTAL COUNT of 4096000 nonces (bring it to creation of nonces 0 till, and including, 4095999)
    OR
    B. Start at nonce 0, and create nonces from nonce 0 TO (and including) nonce 4096000 (bring it to creation of a total count of 4096001 nonces…)?
    If the first case it true, and I’m taking your example - won’t my next plot file need to start at 4096000?

(EDIT: FOUND THE ANSWER FOR 2 >>>>>: Yes I can. Great!
[Solved #2] - 2. Is there a way to use the X plotter manually like in your example above, but make it run a batch? In other words, create something that would create plot files no bigger than 100GB at a time…? Again - 1 TB just seem too risky in terms of unwanted (or wanted) stops on the way…)

Sure, just change “-n 4096000” to “-n 409600” for 100GB files
So if you start G:\plots1 with “-sn 0”, set G:\plots2 to at least “-sn 409601”. (to be safe 409700)

Hmmm… so I can use those ‘to be safe’ gaps? what happens if there is a gap? the miner won’t freak out?

Nothing happens :slight_smile:
The miner will just read the plot files, you can start next file at 500000000000 if you want.
Only important is not overlapping drives.

1 Like

Got it. Yeah I noticed that when I plotted until now - I always had to go w/ the real amount of bytes (!) that is written in the free space inside the ‘properties’ of each drive. Thanks I’ll change that!

And regarding the ‘tell it how much total I want to have, and let it automatically divide them into 100GB, yet still build them all until max capacity reached’ - I found it’s doable when I set those numbers inside the built in Xplotter gui inside Qbundle. But… any chance I can do it with the manual/cmd option?
From what I understand - your cmd batch lines above only mentioned to tell it ‘start at nonce X, and plot for Y nonces’, and I needed to manually divide it by whichever number I wanted (100GB). On which case I’ll need to manually plot the next file everytime the last one is done… So - any chance to tell it ‘start at nonce X, fill my drive w/ max of Y nonces, by increments of 100GB at a time’ ?

ok, 8TB drives never really have 8TB of free space. That means that 32.768.000 nonces will never fit into an 8TB drive. You need to check how much free space the drive has, an 8TB drive usually has around 7.27TB of free space.
Same with the 5TB drive, check how much free space the drive has.

Sorry for some reason I ended up demolishing my last post by editing it, instead of replying here (any way to revert a post of mine to before the edit?)

what I wanted to say is:

Per the ‘check how much ree space’ - Got it. Yeah I noticed that when I plotted until now - I always had to go w/ the real amount of bytes (!) that is written in the free space inside the ‘properties’ of each drive. Thanks I’ll check to the byte level, and change that!

And regarding the ‘tell it how much total I want to have, and let it automatically divide them into 100GB, yet still build them all until max capacity reached’ - I found it’s doable when I set those numbers inside the built in Xplotter gui inside Qbundle. But… any chance I can do it with the manual/cmd option?
From what I understand - your cmd batch lines above only mentioned to tell it ‘start at nonce X, and plot for Y nonces’, and I needed to manually divide it by whichever number I wanted (100GB). On which case I’ll need to manually plot the next file everytime the last one is done… So - any chance to tell it ‘start at nonce X, fill my drive w/ max of Y nonces, by increments of 100GB at a time’ ?

Aaaand apparently I misread the lines in the plotter gui, and I can’t, even there, set it to ‘fill in up to X, using increments of Y (100GB)’.
Any way you know if that I CAN do/set that?