Joining plot files

Is it possible to stitch plot files together?

If I have two plots files:

• K_128_32_32
  • K_160_32_32

…then could I simply concatenate them and rename to:

• K_128_64_64

…and it would work?

You do not need to “stitch” the files together. Just put them in the same folder and the miner will reference both.

I’m discovering that plotting to the same spindle as I’m mining from causes the miner to spend too long scanning, so I’m thinking to plot on a separate spindle then copy (which doesn’t seem to affect mining as much), but there’s no point plotting to a large drive since it won’t be used for mining, hence I’m thinking to plot a little at a time (64GB maybe), hence the question about concatenating the plot files afterwards.

When plotting a new drive I do the following

1. Create two folders “Burst” and “Temp”.
  2. Plot first 500GB file on drive to Burst folder.
  3. After first file is plotted start mining.
  4. Plot next 500GB file to Temp.
  5. When plot file is done, move to Burst.
  6. Repeat at step 4 until drive is fully plotted.

It does slow down mining when plotting to the same drive that is being mined but not so bad.

It depends on the drive. One of my miners was taking 600 seconds (~10 minutes, well longer than the round time) to scan when plotting to the drive at the same time as mining, but only 20 seconds when copying a plot to the drive at the same time as mining. YMMV.

Haven’t been to this forum in awhile, probably since burst hit its bubble awhile back, but I ran across this question and had to start a new account because I couldn’t remember my old account info and this needing attacking, even though it is an older question.

In answer to the OP’s question, and the only question that was asked in that OP, yes, as long as your stagger breaks match you can stitch as many files together as you want. That goes for both POC1 and 2. It is none of my business why you are asking and it is not my place to start rambling on about drive speeds, plot speeds, or ANYTHING else. Grow up guys and stop trying to swing the meat around every time you see a person you consider less intelligent than yourself. There are a large number of people out there that do not have the desire or the time to research the format of a plot file and simply want to get the job done. They do not care for your opinion beyond that.

Further answer…use Windows cmd line copy command with a /b switch, followed the the list of file names of the plots, plus sign between each, ending with a space and the final output filename. Something like…

Copy /b 11111_11111_11111 + 11111_22222_11111 33333_33333_33333

Obviously, your final file will not be 3’s instead of ones, but each will start with your account ID, I just did that to break up the line of code. The first two are the plots you already have separate and the “3’s” is the final file. DO NOT use the “type” command, without the right syntax, it will potentially lose a break here and there and from that point to the EOF the nonce’s are lost.

It is none of my business why you are asking and it is not my place to start rambling on about drive speeds, plot speeds, or ANYTHING else. Grow up guys and stop trying to swing the meat around every time you see a person you consider less intelligent than yourself. There are a large number of people out there that do not have the desire or the time to research the format of a plot file and simply want to get the job done. They do not care for your opinion beyond that.

Well said. In this case it might be a bit strong since Michael was trying to help but in general I like to see more social wisdom on the Internet tubes, so a big thumbs up from me.