Linux burst wallet stopped working

I had the latest version of the Linux wallet (1.2.9) working for about 18 hours and then for no apparent reason it stopped and will not start up again.

I’m seeing this error

Exception in thread “Thread-1” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class nxt.db.Db
at nxt.Nxt.shutdown(Nxt.java:179)
at nxt.Nxt$1.run(Nxt.java:158)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Can’t find anything online that help.

Surely I’m not the only person running Linux, using Burst and having this problem?

I am no linux expert, but I seriously recommend that you use the most up to date wallet. Moving forward in the coming months, you will need to be using those that are available here:

https://package.cryptoguru.org/ It will install as a service.

1.2.9 line of Burst Core is no longer being developed.

Thanks Ryan.

I thought 1.2.9 was the latest version for Linux.

The page you linked to has install details for Debian which gives me this result

sean@sean-Aspire-MC605 ~ $ \wget -q -O - http://package.cryptoguru.org/debian/init.sh | bash
Checking for lsb-release…
Detected lsb-release…
Detected operating system as linuxmint/sylvia.
Unfortunately, your operating system distribution and version are not supported by this script.
sean@sean-Aspire-MC605 ~ $

And Ubuntu which also fails.

I’m running Linux Mint which is based of Ubuntu so I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

Darn, that’s disappointing. I can’t help further with that…

Here are some more resources -

PoC Consortium Discord Server - You can see if you can get help here in the appropriate channel

Gihub For the Burst Wallet 1.3.6

1 Like

I’m not sure if you found the answer to this but I had the same problem running on Mint.

I checked the burst.trace.db file and found the following error.

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The file is locked: nio:/usr/local/burst/burst_db/burst.mv.db [1.4.193/7]

Normally it would only be locked if the application is running. I checked under ps and found there was indeed a java instance still running that was locking the file. After killing this the application started normally.

1 Like

Try;

sudo os=ubuntu dist=xenial ./init.sh

1 Like