Mac/OSX Error: Could not find or load main class brs.Burst (SOLVED)

I have checked out the wallet code from github…/PoC-Consortium/burstcoin.git
I have installed java and maria DB, but this looks like a Java/bash related error

$ ./burst.sh
Error: Could not find or load main class brs.Burst

$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_144"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)

Any help appreciated

I don’t have any experience with Mac, unfortunately.

Have you seen the guides?

https://forums.getburst.net/t/mac-osx-installing-the-burst-cg-wallet-by-poc-consortium/1513

There is this tutorial above, and at the end of that post is a link to another one.

Also, an installer script has been made and is being maintained.

Thanks for the response. That script is really useful, especially the start/stop capabilities and the fact it tells you the port you need to head to for the java webserver. Vital information that seems to be completely missing from the PoC-Consortium/burstcoin repository, unless i missed it!.

ive got the wallet working ok in a debian VM. I’ll take another look when I get a sec, I’m guessing its a java related issue, it always it.

The PoCC has not focused on Mac at all…afaik though java is portable between OS. Even Qbundle, the Windows app is not developed by the PoCC. It has been through the efforts of community members that these things have been coming together, while the PoCC works on the core.

I’m glad the links helped you out.

OK I worked this out. It was not compiled. burst.jar was missing from the source repo.
The instructions are not very clear on the github repo.

I used the mac install script and that downloads a pre-compiled version from github /PoC-Consortium/burstcoin/releases/download/2.0.3/burstcoin-2.0.3.zip

this contains the burst.jar file

Thanks for the followup!