Need help with getting started with burst.... thanks

Hi, I’m new here and also new to all this stuff about mining… I finally setup my blockchain and plotted a drive by following instructions on the burst wallet site… Can I ask anybody with some spare coins to get started?

a few other questions… (please bear with me since after I followed all the instructions I still don’t know even a speck of whats happening on my pc… I don’t even know if I should turn it off or not?)

1. is it correct to assume that you need to have burstcoins to start mining? I really dont want to inconvenience anyone so if there is a way of getting like a small amount (without buying any) to get started could anybody point me in that direction?
  2. I haven’t shutdown my pc for 5 days straight… do you guys shutdown yours? and by shutting it down cause to go through all that blockchain/plotting thing that I’ve done the past few days?
  3. I’m no expert but I’ve read that some actually use linux and this thing called creep miner… is it more efficient that way?

big thanks to any help…I only have small hdd space could anybody also point me to the direction of which pool is recommended for .5tb? I’ve been trying to open some sites for pools but all the figures there just caused my head to explode… I don’t even know what they mean and how to connect to a pool… its all just so intimidating…

Edit so sorry I forgot to post my account ID BURST-STB3-LFBA-29LV-57FCG

1. If you want to pool mine, yes you need a coin for your reward recipient change. Unless you have hundreds of TB, you should mine on a pool.

2. You do not have to replot your drives if you shut down, that is permanent. Make sure your wallet is shut down before rebooting. If using qbundle, click on “stop wallet”. When you start your computer back up, it should download the newest blocks where you left off, and sync you back up. If you are mining…yes you should keep your computer on 24/7 if possible.

3. If you are an experienced linux user, yes go for it by all means. If not, stick with Windows!

Sending over a coin, welcome!

Read the information below carefully, because this is the only coin I’m sending you :slight_smile: With the amount of coins I am giving out daily now, I’m trying to get people to conserve coins when starting off so I can help out more people. If possible, please help out any new person needing a coin. Donations are also welcome to help me start new people off :slight_smile: BURST-FFLQ-3QZJ-267R-F3QBX

---- Getting Started Read Below Before Continuing ----

Contrary to what most of the getting started guides say, you only need to create one transaction to “activate” your wallet. Changing your reward recipient to a pool for mining gets this done. Please read this post regarding activating your account - What It Means To Create Your Public Key (AKA “Activate” Your Account) - Simply Explained

I highly recommend https://0-100-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org/ and http://www.burstneon.com/ pools for new miners with under 24TB!

wow! thanks ryan… i’m trying to join the 0-100-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org… I opened my qbundle and clicked on the tools>miner… but the blago miner shows this greyed out message:

“Your reward recipient is set to Acount:xxxxxxxx Only solomining available”… does this mean I can’t mine in a pool?

by the way… I tried clicking on the pool mining option but I somehow can’t click it…

Hey my friend, it looks like you figured out how to get your reward recipient set. Did you join the Burst Neon discord and get some help? They are very helpful there.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post on the forum, I make sure to review all new posts at least once per day!