Need single burst and had a question

trying to join a pool, but i guess i need to spend a burstcoin to change my reward assignment. my account is BURST-Y855-89GR-XD8Y-FPDC2

my question is: how does the pool know i have joined it? i have the “mininginfo” and “submission” (in creepminer) set to the correct pool address, and the “wallet” set to my local wallet, but i’m not sure what else is needed.

1 Like

(i managed to find a working faucet and got a single burstcoin a couple weeks ago but i spent it on changing my name, in order to “confirm” the account, or whatever the terminology is… i wish i’d known i’d need one to join a pool)

1 Like

Looks like you’ve got some Burst to play around with.

The mining software connects to the pool with the address you have given (and the pool checks to see if your reward recipient is changed to them). Mininginfo will keep feeding you new blocks as they come, then you scan and send the deadlines to submission. These are usually all the same address…

1 Like

thanks for the info. from what you say, it seems like i could set the mininginfo to a local wallet, if i wanted?

1 Like

Yes, you could do what is called “solo mining”…the miner just talks to your local wallet. I am not very knowledgeable about how the pools work, but I don’t believe you can pool mine and set the mininginfo to a local wallet.

1 Like