Hello fellow enthusiasts
Thanks to ryanw I now own a Burstcoin.
I would like to start mining, and have some questions.
I have about 2000 euro’s to spend, and would like to know what hardware is best to pick.
I currently have a x3440 Xeon (8 threads, overclocked to 3.8 ghz), 4gb DDR3 a GTX570 and a 600w psu laying around , I don’t know if this is sufficient.
I know I will need SAS controller, other than that I don’t really know what hardware to pick. Buying new if the performance goes up is definately an option.
- Is mining CPU/GPU intensive? if so, what do I need for best performance? (i’ve googled around, found no conclusive answer yet)
- What motherboard/cpu/gpu would be the sweet spot in this price range? (i’m a former computershop owner, so I know my way around hardware.)
- I was thinking about buying WD Green 8TB drives, is this a good choice?
- I know plotting will take a long time, is using a GPU plotter a much faster alternative compared to CPU? (if so what software would you recommend?)
- Are there any performance differences to using windows or linux?
I know that at the moment i’ll make around 130/150 euro’s a month (I think i’ll be able to buy about 80-90TB with this budget) but I believe the price will go up over time.
This is not putting me off at the moment, and I like a gamble.
Thanks in advance for your help :)