New to all of this burst coins

Hello and thanks for the well laid out website i am new the burst just started to plot my harddrive but i will not be asking for any burst right now want to get it all running then maybe will ask but i see so much good info here that i am happy i found this place so thank you to all and look forward to chatting with you all soon

later colt_45

Hey @colt_45 thanks for joining us :slight_smile: Good luck on getting set up, and I look forward to you joining in with us!

Well Hello back to you and nice to see a fast reply could i ask you one thing how long will it take to plot a 2.5gb drive cuss right now its at 35% and bin running for about 12 hours i here some say it take day others say it take just a few hours so i dont know what to think about it so thank again

later colt_45

sorry i mean 2.5tbs hard drive

It depends on things such as HDD speed and CPU/GPU speed. It is not out of the ordinary for your drive to take this long.

Well my hard drive is done plotting its about time but i have a question i went to the burst.cryptoguru.org and started the miner and its running but i keep see on the screen error 875573297 Account’s reward recipient doesn’t match pool and i see hdd wake up any ideas to what is wrong ?

thank colt_45

HDD Wake up is no problem, it is just attempting to keep your hard drive from spinning down.

The other error means that you have not set your reward recipient for the pool. I suggest using this pool https://0-100-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org/

You can click on the “config” tab and see how to get set up there.

Thank you for the help and now i have another bug i tryed to log into my burst wallet and it said wrong pass so i tryed again and now it give me another account what the hell is this

later colt_45

It means you are not using the correct passphrase. Every possible passphrase is associated with a Burst address. You change just one character, and you log into another account.

thats strange i have all my stuff on notepad so i just have to copy and past

I was just thinking if it got mix up will i have to get a new account and then i would have to plot the drive all over again this is getting very strange

later coly_45

Hello ryanw I want to thank you again for all your help i reinstalled Qbundle and got a new wallet address that works and i found out that you can edit you file on your plot drive so i changed it from the old one and now it looks like it is working and i ploted another drive so haveing fun over here i went over to that website you gave me https://0-100-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org/ and i put my account in but i did not see anything change so what i think i need to know is how much do i need to get the wallet going and to start mineing cuss you have to pay with burst for the wallet and for the mineing just want to know so i know what more i have to do thank you again

later colt_45

Ok, I think you’re missing a couple things…

First, you can’t just change the filename of the plot, it has data inside of it that is tied to the old address. So, you will have to replot it.

Second, yes you need to set your reward recipient for your new address to the 0-100 pool. What is your new address?

Hello Again ryanw i will look at the drive again cuss i have bin running a test for about 6 hours and no errors yet but i will do like you said so thanks again for the help

my new address is BURST-FRVQ-NQLV-YKTC-3EPKB

later colt_45

Ok I am sending a coin to your new account. Please read the information below for setting up. You cannot possibly be mining right now now on a pool.

Read the information below carefully, because this is the only coin I’m sending you :slight_smile: With the amount of coins I am giving out daily now, I’m trying to get people to conserve coins when starting off so I can help out more people. If possible, please help out any new person needing a coin. Donations are also welcome to help me start new people off :slight_smile: BURST-FFLQ-3QZJ-267R-F3QBX

---- Getting Started Read Below Before Continuing ----

Contrary to what most of the getting started guides say, you only need to create one transaction to “activate” your wallet. Changing your reward recipient to a pool for mining gets this done. Please read this post regarding activating your account - What It Means To Create Your Public Key (AKA “Activate” Your Account) - Simply Explained