New to burst mining, but not Crypto, asking for assistance, and to fill in some blanks

Hello all, new to burst, but not new to Cryptocurrency. I have been mining (mostly with GPU’s) for about 4 months now, and each time I get something new started, I google my heart out, but there is nothing better than to ask people.

Question 1, Why does 1 burst to make a account, 1 burst to be able to mine exist? I know for me, I went to many sketchy sites trying to get some to get started, before realizing I could ask here. While going to a few sketchy places on the net is not a problem for me, it for sure could slow adoption of this coin. I understand it could work as a security feature? I would imagine it would work better, if there was a easier way to just start mining with a beginner pool, for say 10 coins, before you go off on your own. I am sure I am missing a lot of information.

Question 2, what is considered to be the ideal starting amount of storage in plots? I mean I know you could mine with about any amount of storage, but is something like 1tb I have enough for a early start? I have nearly 5tb plotted, but I know a few people who are already mining via GPU’s, who could get this started as well.

As a general rule, “HODL”, but is there exchanges out there for this coin? Not that I am going to go out and sell everything, but nice to know there is something I can do with the coins right now.

And well, because I gotta ask, anyone have a coin for me to be able to start mining? I have a account setup already, due to one faucet I found.I will happily pay back/pay it forward in the future, knowing how rough the start was for me.

BURST-Y7U4-V4FR-SY2L-5JMBA

Thank you for the information

Welcome @FireStorm , thank you for your post.

Question 1
Your post prompted me to make a post regarding this one Burst activation. I will agree that there is really no great way of getting everyone started out. For someone to mine in a pool, they need 1 Burst to change reward recipient. It will be getting harder as time goes on to get people to give away Burst to newbies. One idea that I had heard discussed was creating a smart contract where pool owners would give 1 Burst to new people to only change their reward recipient to that particular pool. Your post prompted me to make another post explaining the activation process as simply as I could:

What It Means To Create Your Public Key (AKA "Activate" Your Account) - Simply Explained

Question 2
1TB will really start you out slowly, but I guess that might be the least I would try to start with. It depends on how long you wish to wait to get any coins from a pool. Pools usually have a minimum payout set, and 1TB would on average get your 2 coins per day…so for example if the pool has a 100 coin minimum withdrawal, it could take a couple months to get any Burst.

Sending over a coin, welcome!

Contrary to what most of the getting started guides say, you only need to create one transaction to “activate” your wallet. Changing your reward recipient to a pool for mining gets this done. Please read this post regarding activating your account - What It Means To Create Your Public Key (AKA “Activate” Your Account) - Simply Explained

Highly recommend https://burst.cryptoguru.org/ pool for mining. No fee, and run by the Burst developers!

With the amount of coins I am giving out daily now, I’m trying to get people to conserve coins when starting off so I can help out more people.

Reading your post now, I am glad someone in the know made a post, for others in my situation. I know most, just trying to understand the “reason” behind it. I wish I knew you only needed one, I would have been able to mine days ago.

Planned on mining from that pool, so I agree with you there.

Thank you much for the coin, I will put it to good use, and pay you back/pay it forward.

FireStorm