Newbie to Burst

Hi everyone, I’m new to Burstcoin and like to start mining. I’ve 4,5TB of plotfiles ready and would hope someone could help me get started by sending a burst to my fresh wallet:

BURST-CN96-5EL3-TC4S-GSYP7

I’ll of course return the favour as soons as possible.

Much thanks in advance!
Bram

I just sent a coin your way. You will not see the coin until your wallet has finished synchronizing.

Please come back when you have earned some coin and help others get their first coins. Pay it forward. :slight_smile:

The following are some notes from the process I went through to get started. Hope you find them helpful.

There seems to be issues with the latest version of Qbundle. It is recommended that you use version 1.9 until the bugs are worked out. Although I more recently tested version 2.0.02 and so far so good.

You only need one coin for reward assignment when joining a pool. Joining the pool will get you into the system. You do not need to send any others.

I recommend watching the following video on Youtube to learn how to get started.

I wish I had watched this video before getting started. It would have saved me a bit of frustration and a squandered coin.

I also recommend you perform all actions through the Qbundle software. When I first started I tried setting the reward recipient (for pool mining) through the web interface for a pool and ended up wasting a coin. I also gave up on trying to configure creepMiner and am just using Blago Miner that comes with Qbundle.

When you finally get your system up and running you will likely see a warning message like the following

“Warning!: Your account does not have a public key! This means it’s not as protected as other accounts. You must make an outgoing transaction to fix this issue.”

If you will be joining a mining pool then ignore this message. Setting a “Reward Recipient” to get into a pool will be your first transaction which will get you a public key and the warning will go away.

The burst has arrived :+1:
Thank so much for helping me getting started and the tips.
Now, shoudl I transfer the burst back to you? Or help someone else get started? What is the proper / custom way to proceed?

Thanks for your help.

You’re welcome. Please help another member in need once you have earned some coin.