Poor Burst Miner in need of start up capital

Hello fellow burst miners. I’m a total newb to this and it seems I’m in need of free burst. Please consider this post me virtually sitting on the side of the road asking for money.
My burst account is BURST-SAWM-ZWXL-V5NH-662Z6
Thanks!! I will pass it along once I get this thing finally working. Burst is a bit more complex to get started vs Eth, or any other coin but I like it.

Please read all of this post carefully because this is the only coin I will send you.

Not trying to be rude, just want to make sure you do not waste this coin as the first is the most valuable.

I just sent a coin your way. You will not see the coin until your wallet has finished synchronizing.

Please come back when you have earned some coin and help others get their first coins. Pay it forward. :slight_smile:

The following are some notes from the process I went through to get started. Hope you find them helpful.

You only need one coin for reward assignment when joining a pool. Joining the pool will get you into the system. You do not need to send any others.

I recommend watching the following video on YouTube to learn how to get started.

I wish I had watched this video before getting started. It would have saved me a bit of frustration and a squandered coin.

I also recommend you perform all actions through the Qbundle software. When I first started I tried setting the reward recipient (for pool mining) through the web interface for a pool and ended up wasting a coin. I also gave up on trying to configure creepMiner and am just using Blago Miner that comes with Qbundle.

When you finally get your system up and running you will likely see a warning message like the following

“Warning!: Your account does not have a public key! This means it’s not as protected as other accounts. You must make an outgoing transaction to fix this issue.”

If you will be joining a mining pool then ignore this message. Setting a “Reward Recipient” to get into a pool will be your first transaction which will get you a public key and the warning will go away.

Thanks much! I did have a question, I guess I didn’t set up an account before the coin was sent. I see I can update the account but that will cost 1 coin. Is that what I want to do?
Right now if I try to set the reward recipient it says my passphrase is incorrect. I tried using it blank and what I thought the phrase was and it both failed. I’m assuming it’s because I don’t have an account set up. In the account field I just put my address in it.

I think I got it, I was going trying to set it in the “tools/Reward Recipient” section instead of the Setting wheel in the upper left / Reward Assignment.
This is all a bit confusing to start with. Thanks again and if this goes well I’ll be back for sure to help others. Also thanks for the video, it was very informative.

Well I made an account and now I’m logged into a new wallet and can’t seem to log back into the old one. This may be a stupid question but how can I log back into the old wallet?

I’m going to send you some burst coin for the help. If possible can you send 1 to this address: BURST-WJAQ-TTJT-U7TM-6BKRF
The reason I can’t send myself one is I have some on Bittrex and the account in’t valid yet. So I can send it to your address, just not myself.

Sending over a coin, welcome!

If you are still getting the wallet set up, or are still syncing up with the network, you can use the online wallet here: https://wallet.burst.cryptoguru.org:8125/index.html

Read the information below carefully, because this is the only coin I’m sending you :slight_smile: With the amount of coins I am giving out daily now, I’m trying to get people to conserve coins when starting off so I can help out more people. If possible, please help out any new person needing a coin. Donations are also welcome to help me start new people off :slight_smile: BURST-FFLQ-3QZJ-267R-F3QBX

---- Getting Started Read Below Before Continuing ----

Contrary to what most of the getting started guides say, you only need to create one transaction to “activate” your wallet. Changing your reward recipient to a pool for mining gets this done. Please read this post regarding activating your account - What It Means To Create Your Public Key (AKA “Activate” Your Account) - Simply Explained

I highly recommend https://0-100-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org/ and http://www.burstneon.com/ pools for new miners with under 24TB!

Thanks!! I just sent you some burst as a reimbursement and a bit more for a thank you.

That is awesome, I am very happy that everything is working out :slight_smile:
Welcome to the community and good luck.

Thank you very much, it will be put to good use!