Seeking first Burstcoin

I have had much difficulty trying to get the first bit coin. I went to the exchanges and tried purchasing them as well. But it has been extremely difficult. Other than that looking forward to get to know how to do the Burstcoin mining enough to help others overcome any difficulties.

My address is:
BURST-E2VN-9Q25-3GBR-EC8E4

Best Regards,
Face

Sending over a coin, welcome!

If you are still getting the wallet set up, or are still syncing up with the network, you can use the online wallet here: https://wallet.burst.cryptoguru.org:8125/index.html

Read the information below carefully, because this is the only coin I’m sending you :slight_smile: With the amount of coins I am giving out daily now, I’m trying to get people to conserve coins when starting off so I can help out more people. If possible, please help out any new person needing a coin. Donations are also welcome to help me start new people off :slight_smile: BURST-FFLQ-3QZJ-267R-F3QBX

---- Getting Started Read Below Before Continuing ----

Contrary to what most of the getting started guides say, you only need to create one transaction to “activate” your wallet. Changing your reward recipient to a pool for mining gets this done. Please read this post regarding activating your account - What It Means To Create Your Public Key (AKA “Activate” Your Account) - Simply Explained

I highly recommend https://0-100-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org/ and http://www.burstneon.com/ pools for new miners with under 24TB!

Step 1: I entered in my account number
Step 2: I chose pool account " BURST-HKML-NRG6-VBRA-2F8PS
Step 3: I chose Crypto Guru online wallet because it said my local wallet wasn’t synced.
I get that “Rewardassingment did not succeed” dialog box

Also, I didn’t see that had any coin in my wallet

RyanW,
When should I see the burstcoin in my wallet? and did I follow the right steps as stated earlier?

Ty,
Face

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I looked up your address in the explorer, and it looks like you are all set up. Are you having any more problems?

https://explore.burst.cryptoguru.org/account/13920848813695042420

Ryan, I do see that. The next step I’m trying to follow is assigning the burst tot he pool of 0-100. I get an error message when trying to do so. I have 16TB that I need to plot.

The error message I get when trying to set the award recipient is, “award assignment did not succeed”

Appreciate your help.
Best Regards,
Face

Ryan,
I see the link. I had a question on the transactions. My account is
BURST-E2VN-9Q25-3GBR-EC8E4

Does it mean that I already assigned a Reward Recipient? Which should be to the CryptoGuru Pool 0-100. Can you confirm this and let me know if that is the reason I’m getting the error message and that I am indeed ready to start plotting my drives.

Reward Recipient Assignment 14477280761747025773 0 Burst HKML-NRG6-VBRA-2F8PS 2018-05-23 01:23:26
Ordinary Payment 3433814374706397000 1 Burst FFLQ-3QZJ-267R-F3QBX 2018-05-22 06:53:03

Best Regards,
Face

Yes, that is the reason you are getting the error message, because you have already spent the Burst coin. You all set to start mining on the 0-100 pool.

Ryan,
Thank you for the reply. I’ve been mining for the past 72 hours with the CrytoGuru as the award recipient on the 0-100 pool using the CrytoGuru wallet; not my Local Wallet.

Question 1: When should I start seeing any Burst show up in my Dashboard?
Question 2: Since I did the latest updates I no longer can see the Blago Miner

I’m looking through the forum to try and see if I’m doing the right thing. Zero Burstcoins after 3 days in the pool is leaving me perplexed.

Best Regards,
Face

I’m not quite sure what you mean that you can no longer see Blago miner…does this mean it does not run when you click on mining now?

I checked your address on the pool. If you go to the pool homepage, and put your address into the subscribe and hit enter, i can see you have accumulated a little BURST.

Ryan,
Thank you for your reply.
Blago MIner used to come up on the side in the window and I could look at the blockchain plots running. Since the update It will come up for a second then disappear. I check my Task Manager and looks like it is using resources such as 8% CPU and 80% memory, but I have no window like before. Did the update break something? idk.

Secondly, I appreciate you sending me the screenshot of the the Burst I’ve earned, but I can’t find the pool homepage, BURST-HKML-NRG6-VBRA-2F8PS. Is there a link you can send me so I can bookmark it or a pathway? Also, why doesn’t show up on my Dashboard.

Sorry for all the bone-headed questions and I appreciate your patience very much

Best Regards,
Face

No worries my friend. I haven’t been able to be on the forum a ton lately, so sorry for that.

Here is the link to the pool’s homepage - https://0-100-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org/

You will see at the bottom left a box with “Numeric ID or Burst Address” and subscribe button. Put your Burst address in there and click the button.

The pool’s website and all the workings of the pool are completely separate from your wallet, so that is why it is not on your dashboard.

For Blago…I looked at the development github for Qbundle, and it looks like there should be a fix released now. Try updating Qbundle to the current version, and see how that does. If it still has problems, I suggest creating an issue like this one to help Quibus track the problem down.

https://github.com/PoC-Consortium/Qbundle/issues/51 (Blago crash issue)

Ryan,
I’ve been doing and xplotter in POC2 on a new drive. I am 5 days in and 10 more to go with my system for an 8Tb drive. In the meantime I saw before with the link provided that I had earned about 2.85 burst. Now I don’t see those burst and don’t know where they are.

Secondly, is it best to run my local wallet so I can see the burst show up when I bring up my wallet. I currently have the CryptoGuru Pool 0-100 set as the reward recipient and also have it set to CryptoGuru wallet.

Just trying to maximize reward benefit

Thank you in advance,
Face

So you have been plotting and not mining? This is from the info page of the 0-100 pool.

“Miners that were not active for 5000 blocks will be removed from the database together with their pending burst.”

I can agree that you have nothing listed at the pool now.

Running a local wallet can take more maintenance and bring up problems vs using the CG online wallet. People use a local wallet that are very security minded, however that particular online wallet is run by the developers, and is trusted.

In regards to getting more coins from mining, it actually doesn’t matter what wallet you ever use, and you don’t have to keep the wallet itself open either while mining.

Ryan,

I got the problem I had with the update taken care of then I decided to plot my 2nd 8tb drive which has been going on from last Saturday. I don’t know how to make it faster. I only have on PC (Lenovo Yoga 11 2 that has a Pentium Baytrail 4 core processor) maxed out at 97% right now. I am using the built in Xplotter to do the new POC2. I used the TurboPlotter software before plot about 1.4 tb just to get going on the other drive which is connected the same computer. The TurboPlotter created 70Gb file sizes. The Xplotter is creating one big file I think. That is all that is showing up.

Right now I can’t run both. I need another pc to make that happen. Any suggestions or am I just stuck till I get the plotting done? Is the built in Xplotter yielding better results or the same as TurboPLotter? Does it matter?

Thanks for getting back to me so soon,
Face

It sounds like you don’t have many cores to be used for things… I have been lucky in that I have a surplus of computers and CPU cores, and never have had to use GPU mining or plotting.

If you have a capable graphics card, Turbo Plotter should be able to utilize this to make plotting faster. It uses a little CPU power as well, but not as much as just plotting with xplotter.

I unfortunately haven’t done anything but use xplotter in all my time with Burst, but that’s what I would consider if able…to utilize your GPU.

Ryan,
Can you tell me how to get a payout? It says to message the pool, but I can’t find it.

Also, I did the xplotter on the 8tb drive and it averages 45 plus seconds for a targetDL whereas the Tuboplotter files that are 70gb each for a total of 1.4TB take 14 seconds. Is there a way to make the 8Gb single file optimized? I found an optimizer put out there in 2016 that IMINEBLOCKS linked to, but I don’t know how that would perform. Any ideas?

Ty,
Face

If you read on this page “Dymaic Payout” https://0-100-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org/info it will tell you how you can get payouts sooner, or is this what you are already reading?

Both TurboPlotter and Xplotter create optimized plotfiles, so both of your drives should be optimized. I’m going to assume you meant the 8TB single file, and if you used xplotter on that, it should be all fine. Keep in mind that different drives have different capabilities though, some will scan faster than others.

Ryan,

Ty for the info on the drives. It’s just that the turboplotter is giving me 10 seconds vs the one big file of 50 seconds which Blago says Wake Up!.I’m assuming the message is for my drive.

Secondly, I did follow the link about Dyanmic Payout, but I’m not finding where to go to actually see the payout schedule or to do a request to the pool.

ty,
Face

Payout on the pool automatically happens at 100 Burst (plus tx cost).

If you wish to change this, you can send a message to the pool’s Burst address. BURST-HKML-NRG6-VBRA-2F8PS

You can send messages using your wallet (top right mail icon). The messages that are listed that you can send (now, daily, weekly, etc) are highlighted in yellow on that page with description of what they do afterwards, and how much it costs you.