Starting at Burstmining

Hello everyone in the Burst community, I would highly appreciate it if you can help me start with the initial Burstcoin.

My Address is BURST-CC96-ATC6-FNG9-3PWA9

I have obtained 1 burst coin to start mining but I realized I need 1 more burstcoin to set the reward recipient to my address.

Can anyone help ?

Sending over a coin, welcome!

Read the information below carefully, because this is the only coin I’m sending you :slight_smile: With the amount of coins I am giving out daily now, I’m trying to get people to conserve coins when starting off so I can help out more people. If possible, please help out any new person needing a coin. Donations are also welcome to help me start new people off :slight_smile: BURST-FFLQ-3QZJ-267R-F3QBX

---- Getting Started Read Below Before Continuing ----

Contrary to what most of the getting started guides say, you only need to create one transaction to “activate” your wallet. Changing your reward recipient to a pool for mining gets this done. Please read this post regarding activating your account - What It Means To Create Your Public Key (AKA “Activate” Your Account) - Simply Explained

I highly recommend https://0-100-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org/ and http://www.burstneon.com/ pools for new miners with under 24TB!

Hi Ryan, thanks very much for the long article.

I have been scouring google for a good updated article but this one is the best.

Thanks for helping out !!

You’re welcome, good luck!

By the way, the info section in cryptoguru doesnt tell us how to mine at their pool.

Do you have an article that explains how to set this in qbundle ?

Am I doing this correctly ?

This does not look correct. You aren’t getting deadlines confirmed. I am going to send you another coin to set your reward recipient.

You need to change reward recipient to the pool. I suggest using https://0-100-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org/

Follow the above directions and go here to set your reward recipient. https://wallet.burst.cryptoguru.org:8125/rewardassignment.html

Wait 4 blocks (about 20 minutes)

Go into Qbundle and put this info in the mining screen

0-100-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org

Dear Ryan, many thanks and really appreciate your help and guidance so far !

But in order to make this right I think I need your guidance again regarding setting reward recipient.

Would it be ok to set the reward recipient in qbundle.

If you see on the screenshot below I have set “your account” as my burst address and I’ve selected “predefined cryptoguru pool” burst account as the pool account. Am I doing this correctly ? I really dont want to waste your precious burstcoin. So I will wait before I do anything…

I tried the web reward assignment at cryptoguru wallet. burst. cryptoguru. org:8125/rewardassignment

But I kept getting this error, I have no other idea except to set the reward recipient in the qbundle…

{“errorDescription”:“Unknown account”,“errorCode”:5}

Hi Again, so I managed to get it working…

Im really not sure why I have a different passphrase…:roll_eyes:

But I think its working now … ??

Ok, it’s still not working correctly. However, you can see here on the explorer that the reward recipient is set correctly. One step down!

https://explore.burst.cryptoguru.org/account/1415138837218535652

Next issue is that error that is coming up. If it is working correctly, you should be getting confirmation from the pool in the form of a line of bright green text informing you of the confirmation.

Can you please give me the filename of the plot file in your D:\burst directory? It should begin with the numeric form of your Burst address which is 1415138837218535652

I ask this because if you created the plot with the wrong numeric ID, then it will not mine correctly.

Phew…at least I got one thing right so far :smiley:

Actually I have deleted my old plotting and has just begun replotting.

The reason is at first I plot a full max size of 3TB then Im planning to plot it at 2TB and 1TB.

Here are the screenshots:

Ok, nice. Everything looks good so far! I have a feeling everything should be fine once you start up the miner again.

Thank you for all your support and attention so far!

I can’t wait to start pool mining on cryptoguru once the plotting is done.

Will update you once its done :+1::+1:

Hey again !

Looks like its working well now. Appreciate all your guidance and help with the initial 2 burst coins Ryan.

By the way im really excited now and I wish to add more HDD, what do you normally do in this case ?

Should I stop the mining and do plotting on the newly added HDD, wait for it to finish plotting and then start mining again ?

Capture

Awesome, yeah looks great now! You’re welcome!

Since you only have one drive mining, you should be just fine plotting another one at the same time this is mining. People do that often.

You might want to decrease the threads used for the plotter if this is your main computer that you use for other things.