Time is Running Out-- I Will Lose All My Burst Coins Soon. Need Help From a Good Samaritan

On June 9, 2019, Bittrex will cease operations in New York State (where I live) because their license was not renewed. I received an email from them informing me that, if I don’t transfer my Burst out of their exchange by this date, I will permanently lose access to my coins.

I set up a Burst wallet and tried to transfer my coins from Bittrex, but received an error message stating that the address is not valid. I then found out that I need 1 Burst coin in order to activate it.

I then tried to create accounts on other exchanges that support Burst, but was not allowed to do so because U.S. citizens are not allowed.

So, unless someone is willing to donate 1 Burst coin, I will lose my balance on Bittrex. Please help.

Burst address: BURST-C574-E6WV-CDP2-A4UND

Thanks

Sent you 0.1 Burst, it’s more than enough to set you up.

2 Likes

Thank you! You’re a godsend, ryanw. I was finally able to transfer my Burst out of Bittrex! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

My Burst wallet is now displaying this message:

Warning! : Your account does not have a public key! This means it’s not as protected as other accounts. You must make an outgoing transaction to fix this issue (Set account info, send a message, buy an alias, send BURST,…).

If you want, I can send you 100 Burst coins as a thank you. Just provide your address.

You know that is really weird, because that message should not be showing…it is saying the issue you were having is still there. It must be your wallet is not synced…but I checked the explorer and all looks good.

If you would like to donate to the newbie fund, I always accept donations, thank you!

BURST-FFLQ-3QZJ-267R-F3QBX

1 Like

Thinking about it, maybe Bittrex works if it just has any transaction, doesn’t need a public key.

You can name your wallet, or send coins to someone, or…pretty much do anything that your wallet can do and you will be assigned a public key.

1 Like

@ryanw I sent you 100 Burst, and once I got confirmations, the message disappeared.

2 Likes

Excellent, I’m glad that everything is good now! Thank you very much for donation!

As a follow-up, you may be interested in other Burst wallets to try out. These are just interfaces to the node BRS software. You can run your local node, and use these to access it, or run these and use remote nodes.

Burst Hotwallet - hotwallet.cash
Hotwallet has a video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-1TC3NcMME
Phoenix - https://github.com/burst-apps-team/phoenix/releases/

1 Like

You’re welcome, and thanks for the info!

2 Likes