Whats the proper configuration to mine one Pool with two Rigs?

What is the proper configuration file setup to mine one pool with two rigs?

Do I need to activate the proxy feature in the Blago CPU miner?

• Each rig will have its own set of plotted files.
  • Below is my current config for the first rig that is already running.

{
“Mode” : “pool”,
“Server” : “ninja.burstcoin.ml”,
“Port” : 8080,

“UpdaterAddr” : “ninja.burstcoin.ml”,
“UpdaterPort” : 8080,

“InfoAddr” : “ninja.burstcoin.ml”,
“InfoPort” : 8080,

“EnableProxy” : false,
“ProxyPort” : 8126,

“Paths”:
[
“D:\plot”,
“E:\plot”,
“U:\plot”,
“V:\plot”,
“W:\plot”,
“X:\plot”
],

“CacheSize” : 30000,

“Debug” : false,
“UseHDDWakeUp” : false,

“TargetDeadline”: 80000000,

“SendInterval” : 100,
“UpdateInterval” : 950,

“UseLog” : false,
“ShowWinner” : false,
“UseBoost” : false,

“WinSizeX” : 90,
“WinSizeY” : 60
}

I think this is only an issue if the pool you are mining on penalizes you for multiple nonces…

I haven’t had any experience on this, but I had saved this info just in case I needed it:

Computer A Miner.conf:
“Server” : “pool.burstcoin.biz”,
“Port” : 8124,

“UpdaterAddr” : “pool.burstcoin.biz”,
“UpdaterPort” : 8124,

“InfoAddr” : “pool.burstcoin.biz”,
“InfoPort” : 8124,

“EnableProxy” : true,

Computer B:
“Server” : “Computer A IP Address”,
“Port” : 8126,

“UpdaterAddr” : “Computer A IP Address”,
“UpdaterPort” : 8126,

“InfoAddr” : “Computer A IP Address”,
“InfoPort” : 8126,

Ryanw, thanks for the info. I would imagine that added to this. Computer “A” should have a fixed IP address if your using a DHCP setup. This would avoid the IP address changing one day and have Computer “B” hiccup because it cannot find the Proxy on Computer “A”.

Yeah, that would be important to set up, good addition.

So to further tighten the config above it should be noted maybe as such

Computer A Miner.conf :

“Server” : “pool.burstcoin.biz”,
“Port” : 8124,

“UpdaterAddr” : “pool.burstcoin.biz”,
“UpdaterPort” : 8124,

“InfoAddr” : “pool.burstcoin.biz”,
“InfoPort” : 8124,

“EnableProxy” : true,

(Recommended) That Computer “A” be assigned a fixed IP address, if your network is a DHCP setup.

Computer B Miner.conf :

“Server” : “Computer A IP Address”,
“Port” : 8126,

“UpdaterAddr” : “Computer A IP Address”,
“UpdaterPort” : 8126,

“InfoAddr” : “Computer A IP Address”,
“InfoPort” : 8126,

This all looks good and is how I run my setup

Iceman thanks so here is another question to all who viewed this thread.

What advantages are there if any are there with having Computer A that is hosting the proxy have a very low amount of plots so that it does not get in the way of Computer B trying to mine through the same system?

I only ask because it sounds like Computer B must go through Computer A to retrieve process and send back the DL’s for Computer B.

Comments ?

My proxy box has 16 treads and read 11 3tb plots. There are 7other boxes that go through it and I have seen no problems with that at this point.

@iceman496 Thanks for the response

What tool can be used to make sure that port 8126 on Computer A that is hosting the proxy is not being used for anything else? I am sure 8126 was an arbitrary number. I could be wrong here.

Use putty and try to connect to the port like 192.168.3.4:8126. Very unlikely that it is used. Not a standard port. I would install a fresh os to be safe or run a vm as the proxy to be safe if you want to use the pc for other stuff

@iceman496 Never heard of Putty, would you mind sharing a link or anything you have on it?

Thanks in advance and thanks for contributing to this thread.

Just google putty it is a Windows app to ssh or anything to a remote computer

If I have two rigs, is it OK to run separate miners on each rig pointed at the same pool? I’m using creepMiner and I haven’t noticed a proxy option so far.

Should I check that the plot files on each rig don’t overlap? Is it likely that they’ll overlap given the large space for nonces?

Is it just as efficient to have two rigs with disparate plot files or should I be running a single miner and set it up to access the storage from the other rig over the network? The rigs have 6x SATA each so I’d like to use that before I buy USB to SATA hardware.

Thanks!

If both computers ise the same account then you will need to check for overlap it is so easy to do. Depending on the pool server client setup is better but some dont care. Creepmoner calls it server blago calls it proxy

It would be great to see the creepminer config file setups here when someone gets it working. The config setups above are the BLAGO proxy settings.

This seems to do the trick: Multi-miner-setup for creepMiner.

This is what I’m using to check my plot files for overlap:

Is it required to run multiple machines through one proxy, or can they just send in their own results individually?

I set up an ODROID-XU4 with creepMiner (32-bit linux) mining two 8TB drives and I think with a total read time of ~45sec that’s about all it can handle. I think for any additional drives, I’ll have to use a second PC.

To that end, if they can send in individually, are there any disadvantages to mining with different mining programs as long as the nonces don’t overlap? Say creepMiner on the ODROID and BlagoMiner on another PC? Will this cause conflicts?

Cheers!

If that is the case why dont you just setup two different burst accounts? You would then have a third account to merge your mined coins into. Which you should have anyway in case your mining passphrase is compromised in any way.